Job: Technology & Innovation
Primary Location: Singapore
Employee Status: Contract
Ready to take the next step in your career with us?
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Business Management Analyst (Risk) is instrumental in overall effective and proactive risk and human resource management for CardsPal.
- To ensure the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (“ERMF”), policies and standards issued under SC Ventures are effectively embedded and implemented.
- Perform risk and control self-assessment (“RCSA”) and manage risks within the approved risk appetite metrics/thresholds and in compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
- As a business partner, provide advisory and guidance to enable business/functions to effectively manage operational risks in accordance to the ERMF.
- Support the Risk Lead in the preparation of the monthly Executive Risk Forum (“ERF”) pack and minutes.
- Support the Risk Lead in partnering the business/functions in the design, review and implementation of the front to back processes to strengthen their control environment. Identify and remediate gaps via action plans, report and monitor outstanding action plans to completion in the ERF.
- Assist in ensuring timely and accurate risk reporting, including Key Risk Indicators etc for the relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct independent assessment of operational risk events and perform a detailed Root Cause Analysis, ensuring adequate action plans have been taken to address root cause and prevent recurrence.
- Proactively identify risk areas to perform deep dive analysis and conduct thematic assurance review independently.
- Participate in the implementation of systems and tools to support enterprise operational risk management initiatives.
- Promote operational risk awareness and a strong control culture by identifying training needs for staff and conduct training to enhance the skill-set available within the venture to discharge their roles in an effective manner.
- Participate in risk and control related projects/initiatives and ensure that risk considerations have been adequately assessed.
- Support the HR Business Partner in identifying and solving HR related issues while ensuring adherence to CardsPal’s policies and objectives.
- Reviewing employee and candidate data and maintaining the HR system.
- Various administrative HR matters including onboarding and offboarding.
- A good Degree in Finance, Business, Accountancy or related fields of study
- Preferably 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience in the banking / financial services or FinTech industry
- Strong analytical skills with a keen interest in understanding operational processes, risks and controls in the Fin Tech industry, including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good stakeholder management, interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills
- Good team player in a fast-paced environment and demonstrates ability to work independently and multitask with strong delivery under tight timelines.
- Passionate individual with a strong start-up spirit and willingness to go beyond their scope of work.
- Knowledge and experience in Compliance will be an advantage.