Job: Technology & Innovation
Primary Location: Singapore
Employee Status: Permanent
Ready to take the next step in your career with us?
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Venture is a newly formed fintech based in Singapore.
The successful candidate will be part of a start-up data team to build an innovative platform and app leveraging data, analytics to drive the business. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, strong entrepreneurial spirit, start-up minded, solid and passionate individual to participate and contribute to a venture.
- Build and improve existing data pipelines
- Architect and design data infrastructure on the cloud to power the insights needed for data-driven decision-making within the organisation
- Define data sources and specifications, design and implement processes for complex, large-scale datasets used for interactive dashboard, predictive modelling, recommender system and other advanced analytics purposes.
- Work closely with product owners, data analysts and data scientists on data requirements and delivery
- Oversee data management and governance to ensure data quality and integrity
- Stay abreast of industry trends and deliver successful data solutions by leveraging best practices
- Background in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Business Analytics, Data Science, Computing or related quantitative discipline.
- At least 2 years of working experience as a data engineer or similar role.
- Experience with cloud technology (Eg: AWS, GCP, Azure and etc)
- Proficient in AWS cloud technology stacks is a plus
- Experience in both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficient in creating ETL pipelines and good experience in data warehouses and data lakes.
- Methodical, process-oriented, organised and proactive self-starter
- Able to work well within a team with diverse personalities
- Able to multi-task, quick to adapt and able to work in fast-paced environment. Having worked in an agile environment is a plus.
- Good written and spoken communication, presentation and negotiation skills