Job: Technology & Innovation
Primary Location: Singapore
Employee Status: Permanent
CardsPal is shaking up things in the savings and spending world!
We are a deals discovery and payment card comparison app that aims to maximise card savings and optimise card spending. Our Mission is to help the people maximise savings and optimize spending through intelligent use of financial instrument.
We are a portfolio company of SC Ventures, an innovative arm of Standard Chartered Bank.
The Role Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be the part of CardsPal, a corporate business venture team building an innovative platform and apps leveraging on data, analytics to drive the business. The candidate will lead a multidisciplinary team as part of a broader portfolio to design, develop and deliver our key propositions. This includes overseeing the use of Information technology, devising the IT strategy and ensuring all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place. The candidate must have a solid IT background and consistently keep up-to-date with advancements of the field. Apart from their education and experience, they must have every quality of a leader and a strong strategic and business acumen. The goal is to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value to our company so as to facilitate the success of our business.
The incumbent should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with high degree of ambiguity, gets excited by solving complex problems and happy to be hands on to get things done.
- Lead and mentor a multidisciplinary team in evaluating and implementing new technological features and infrastructure; pre-empting imminent disruptions and identifying opportunities for acceleration
- Develop the company’s strategy and vision for using technological resources efficiently, profitably and securely and ensure alignment with our short- and long-term business goals
- Design, monitor and report on Technology and ICS KPIs to assess technological performance
- Outline goals and timelines for the development and deployment of all innovative solutions while optimizing existing systems, applications and information
- Facilitate the build and testing of operational processes, systems and reporting capabilities
- Utilise stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Direct technology and information security risk management and develop risk management plans to mitigate risk factors
- Structure and implement technology policies, procedures and standards to ensure organisational success
- Drive the implementation of the Technology risk aspects of the Operational Risk Management Framework and ensure its compliance
- Identify and assess risks, issues and business impacts based on internal and external factors
- Implement controls and monitors for key risks and ensure identified control deficiencies are mitigated with preventive measures
Our Ideal Candidate
- A BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Proven experience as a CIO or similar leadership role, preferably in the FinTech space
- Strong understanding of mobile and web technology trends with an eye towards the future
- Strong understanding of requirements (regulatory and industry) related to Technology/ IT Security Risk
- Proficient in establishing technology services framework and information technology security policies
- Ability to serve as a lead expert resource in technology controls and information security
- Hands on experience and ability to work under stress with agile development methodologies
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, passionate and strategic thinker with a strong problem-solving aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent leadership skills with experience building high-performing technical teams, working with rapid growth and implementing change
- Effective communicator with expertise in managing internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication